That's how bad I have been nesting!!!
The past three weeks have had me go, go, going!! I'm barely sleeping and hardly sitting and it's not showing much sign of slowing down!
So far I have completed:
- 2 nursing covers (neither of which is for me...so I guess I best get on that!)
- 3 double sided bibs (a gift)
- recovered a rocking chair
- painted two side tables
- refinished our coffee table (pics to come in another post!)
- repotted a plant
- helped host a baby shower
- cleaned out and organized our pantry (with help form hubby!!!)
- sorted through four totes of baby clothes (again with help from hubby)
- organized our bedroom and set it up for baby (and yes...with hubby's help - I apparently am keeping him nesting too! ;) lol!)
- sewed two pillows
- kept up on the laundry (that's monumental people!)
- sewed a stuff animal (another gift)
- cleaned places that I have never cleaned before!
And in added prep for this little ones arrival, I have taken to preparing meals and snacks ahead of time - to make easier those early days with a new born and feeding my family...
So for the freezer I have thus far made:
- 4 loaves of banana bread
- 24 muffins
- 4 dozen cookies
- 2 Shepard pies
- 4 crock pot pulled pork meals
- 2 sausages in cream sauce meals
- 13 hamburgers
The first two weeks, of this mad nesting, had me barely pausing for a break! But this last week, I find the desire is there to keep busy but my stamina is just not matching! And by 2:00 in the afternoon, I am wiped! I have been crashing for the occasional nap - lasting an hour or more!
It's kinda crazy how this feeling haunts me....to the point that the other day I was taking all three kiddos into town to visit a friend, with plans to get groceries after, when I found myself packing up my sewing machine to bring along...just so I could work on something while I visited! I made myself stop and put it away - but it was hard to just sit all day! I've since been visiting with a few other people and each time, I find the impulse to be working on something to be quite strong!
I've never nested like this before!
And so call me crazy but I just can't help myself....even as I type this, my mind is racing on the various tasks I should be completing....
But along with the busyness is a fair amount of discomfort and pain!! I'm not complaining but it is tiring! But ironically...or maybe thankfully - I hurt most after I have been sitting for any real period of time - so this keeping busy is easier on my pain factor...so it has it advantages...even if I'm so tired these days that full thoughts...or sentences even...are hard to formulate!
I do feel good overall - a little amazed that I have two months still to go...and then a little amazed that I only have two months still to go!
And well...I guess I should get busy...things are awaiting...a few more projects that I am itching to get done and well...sleep - there is always sleep calling me....if I could just stop long enough!